School Health Program (CSHP)
School Health Program (CSHP) – “The Healthy Learning”
Ilesa Grammar School Health Programme activities:
Phase 1 of the school health program (SHP) of Ilesa Grammar School (IGS) was designed and executed by Centre For Sustainable Access to Health in Africa (CeSAHA), an international social enterprise founded by Dr Tunde Fakunle. The project was largely funded and sponsored by the IGS71 set and received technical support from our partners.
Other partners who took part in the exercise were The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN), Health Alive Foundation (HAF), State of Osun Ministries of Health and of Education, Imo & Okesa PHCs, AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN), OAUTH Dentistry Department, OAUTH Ophthalmology Department and the NDLEA.
To preserve, improve and promote health for ALL (the students, staff, parents, alumni, larger community) through a sustainable, replicable and scalable school health intervention programme.
The following activities were carried out during the screening exercise;
- Clinical Consultations,
- Anthropometric measurements,
- Nutritional Status Assessment,
- Treatment of minor ailments,
- TB screening & treatment for students; and Eye screening & care,
- Dental Examination & treatment for students. In addition, adults had BP checks, Blood sugar rapid test & HIV testing.
A health education session was also held on the 20th of October, 2022 on Substance Abuse Education, Personal Hygiene Education, Menstrual Hygiene & Breast Examination. The program was officially launched on Friday 21 October, 2022. In attendance were representatives of state of Osun commissioners of health and education, IGS old students led by ilegsosa national president and IGS 71 President and a cross section of the students. During the launch, first aid items and IEC materials were presented to both schools and the school health club was commissioned by the representative to the Commissioner of Health.
Ilesa Grammar School Community Health Outreach:
The health screening kicked off on Tuesday, 11th October, 2022.
The CeSAHA School Health Programme is in collaboration with the State of Osun Ministries of Education and Health and other partners.
- Our Sponsors, IGS71 Set President, ILESOSA President and IGS Alumni Body,
- IGS Parents
- IGS Principals, VPs, Staff, Students
- State of Osun Ministries of Education and Health
- Our Technical Partners: SFH, IHVN, HAF, APIN, OAUTH Eye and Dental Departments
- CeSAHA Project Coordinators – Miss Amara Oseafiana & Miss Blessing Adeyemo
- CeSAHA Volunteers